has been added.

Update August 28

With the outbreak and unpredictability of the COVID-19 virus affecting the world, there is a lot of uncertainty.

At present all rugby is suspeneded. The North Harbour Union are awaiting government announcements.


Club Notification

At level 3 the club and changing shed will stay closed.

Message from North Harbour Rugby

North Harbour Rugby have confirmed the decision that even if we get back to Level 2 by Saturday, there will be NO RUGBY THIS WEEKEND & UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. In the unlikely situation that we get back to Level 1 by Saturday, rugby will proceed as normal. This decision has been supported by our key Rugby committee leaders.

The key reasons for this are the lack of time to ensure all the necessary health and safety measures across all clubs, schools and fields under Level 2 conditions are established and signed off. As well as the need to prioritise the safety of people right now whilst also playing our part in combating this new challenge we are all facing.

The Union will wait for further information from MoH & NZR to advise on where to from here for rugby in our community.

We have also started work on the implications of this decision on our competitive grades and potential scenarios that may occur. We would ask that you please bear with us, as there is much to consider.

Junior Club Notification

While the NZD and MoH advice at the top talks about training in bubbles of 10, in the Junior Rugby section near the bottom they state:

“In consultation with the Junior Rugby committee, it has been decided that no rugby training will go ahead during the current Level 2 rules in Auckland which currently limit gatherings to 10 people."

So at this stage, we’re still on hold. They will update us again next week and we’ll let everyone know as soon as we get a ‘Good to go’ message. I know this is frustrating, but hopefully, we’ll be back soon and get a few more game in before the end of the season.

Paul Kenrick & the Junior Committee